5.15.2004


Thanks for all your comments of support for finals. Yes, Professor, I've been getting a lot of sleep.

Last Thursday was a double header for me. Two tough exams, Organic Chemistry and Statistics for Research. I had been studying and preparing for them for about a week. The night before the exams, I went to bed at 9pm, asleep by 10. Exam morning, I was up at 5am to take my parents to the airport. The airport is right by the school so I was on campus by 7:15. As my first exam wasn't until 10:30, I had a bit of time to kill.

There is a large, beautiful state forest adjacent to school and it is full of well marked, well maintained trails. I ran about 6 miles of beautiful woods and hills before the weather got hot for the day. Back at campus, I showered up, met some classmates for coffee and a review and then sat for my exams.

Let me tell ya, it worked! I fairly breezed through those exams with confidence and comfort. I knew the answers, I felt no panic and I still remember most of the stuff I learned!

Now I have a 1000 word take home final for Spanish and a Sociology exam on Tuesday and I'm done! Until I start my summer session on June 1!.

--maddog