3.11.2005

Watch out!!

I've gotten a new watch. It's a Timex and I like it a lot. I've had a digital Timex running watch and it's been my standby timepiece for quite a while. In fact, I've gotten so good at reading pulses and respirations off a digital watch that I don't even notice it anymore.

My new watch? Yes, yes, it has a sweep second hand but my recent watch purchase was really about aesthetics. First of all, I love the look and function of analog watches. Telling time on an analog watch requires the brain to interpret a picture rather than another set of numbers.

Secondly, I really like that Timex has put the Indiglo (TM) feature in all their analog watches. Now I can illuminate the entire face of my watch in a phosphorescent green/blue that I find comforting.

Thirdly, and most importantly, my watch ticks. It's a snappy and sure tick that reminds me of the insistence of time. I can hear it all the way down there (I've got loooong arms) when I'm in a quiet place.

It cost me $25; less than 4 pints of really good draught.

I am pleased.

--maddog

No comments: