9.14.2009

Yep, That's me!


We're floating down a river. It's a bunch of close and dear friends. We're each sitting on little inner tubes and, in a calm spot, the antics ensue.


Some folks are trying to stand on their tiny tubes. at 6 feet 4 inches, and a shallow river, I see this as a dubious task, at best.


Soon, it's, "Maddog, do downward dog!" so, being the amateur yogi that I am, I do my best to execute a Downward Dog (or Adho Mukha Savasana) on my tiny river inner tube. Somehow this inspires many people to great feats of silliness. then the comments start:


"It's pretty shallow. You're going to crack your head!"


"It's OK, Maddog's here. He'll take care of us!"


Ugh! I just want to float down the river


"I'm off-Duty!" I say!


laughter ensues.


........


A few hours later, the same crowd is at dinner. Someone orders a monster steak.


"Holy crap! that's gonna kill me!"


"It's OK, Maddog will save you!"


I'm a few drinks deep. The steak-eater looks at me. I waggle my eyebrows.


"I'll save you, honey." I say.


His girlfriend immediately responds with "Woohooo!!!!"


laughter ensues.


The paramedic? Oh, Yeah, that's me!


--maddog

No comments: