1.04.2011

Life in the Kingdom Part 1 of ?

I see that I've just kept going on (albeit slowly) blogging about my work and antics as a paramedic as if there was no change in my life at all.


But there has been. For those of you who only occasionally visit here, I've moved to the Middle East and taken a job over here as a paramedic in a small clinic in the middle of the desert (Really!). I've posted a few things about working here and some of the differences but it's mostly been in the context of a particular call. Of course there's entries like this one that make it obvious that I'm not in the USA anymore.


My call volume is considerably less than in the USA and, honestly, I'm not as fresh-faced and filled with wonder as I used to be. These may be reasons I'm not as frequent in posting. I'm still here and I'm still having a blast. There are times when It feels less noteworthy.


I'm going to try to change that. At least I'm going to try to post more about EMS and, specifically, about my particular experiences over here in the desert. I've got a pretty cool thing going on here and, honestly, it's worth sharing.


Over the next few weeks, I'll be posting 2-3 times per week describing the peculiar, different and outright bizarre aspects of my life here in the Kingdom from my perspective as a paramedic. I'll discuss how the EMS system is structured differently, how we practice medicine differently (and the same) and how my attitudes towards, death, suffering and human treatment have shifted to adapt to my life here. It's pretty odd.


Please feel free to hit the comments or email me if you have any questions or if you're curious about my life over here.


More soon (I promise this time)


--maddog

No comments: