3.20.2004

I've been reading over some of my blogs and, UGH!, I need to proofread! I'm seeing some awful and obviouse mistakes. Verb tense, for example: I start the sentence in past tense and then describe what's going on in present. I also see where I've left out a few key letters that change the meaning of a word.

The funny thing is I scorn people that rely on spellcheck too much. Then I go and see my own writings with "there" instead of "their" and "move" instead of "moved." All perfectly correct words but totally inapplicable in context. Spell check only works for spelling, not context. I guess that makes me a lazy, sloppy hypocrite, no? HA!

I suppose I'll have to be more careful in the future about my writing. It certainly doesn't help that most of the time I write it's something done between other obligations and crammed into a short time limit. Writing well is almost never done in a hurry.

Duty tomorrow night. Saturday. Perhaps we'll have some fun.

--maddog

No comments: