9.28.2004

Politics vs. Patriotism.

Yesterday, after I expressed dismay at the lack of leadership in the Democratic party and concern over the behavior of the Republican party, I was accused by a 21 year old student of being unpatriotic.

I made no partisan political comment or statement supporting or endorsing one candidate or party over the other. I have, however, been registered to vote for 15 years, have voted in every state, local and national election since then (absentee ballots when necessary) and have served 13 years in the military.

Somehow, I'm unpatriotic?

Well, F***k me! I never knew!

I guess I'll go turn myself in now.... But before I do:

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

-Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

Hey! Wasn't he a Republican????

--maddog

No comments: