6.25.2004


Firehouse Transfer Update:

Well, I have gone to the firehouse looking for my chief(s) to talk to them about moving to my Homestation but neither one is ever there. Well, no problem. I have their email. I crafted a rather professional letter and emailed it to my chief and to the assistant chief who I see the most often.

That was 5 days ago.

I figure if: 1. you have a volunteer fire department that is in need of volunteers, 2. receive an email from a member who wants to leave and 3. you're always complaining about insufficient staffing, you'd at least REPLY to the F***ing email!!!

Nope!

The assistant chief has since sent out an email or two to the email list we use to communicate with all the volunteers so, I'm pretty sure he's read mine. I'm being ignored! This kind of treatment is exactly why I want to leave.

The last time I went to the firehouse, nobody said hello. People there just look at me. I swear they have no social skills! Hotrod was there. I asked her if she had seen either of the chiefs and right away she asks me, "Why? you gonna switch?" HA! She was there at the hospital when I was talking to the assistant chief of my homestation so, I figure she's wise to what's going on.

So what do I do now? I want to go over to my home station but I don't want to burn any bridges. The chiefs at both have a good relationship with each other. If I just "jump ship" I might be pissing some people off. On the other hand, I don't have the time to chase these assholes down and choke permission out of them. I'm about ready to chop someone in the throat!

Any ideas?

--maddog


No comments: